NOTICE OF RACE
Weeknight of Fleet Racing; The Series – June thru August
2020 DATES: To Be Announced!
- This series will be governed by the rules as defined in the current Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) and Sailing Instructions.
- Boats shall be able to be identified by numbers, letters or unique marking on its sail.
- Small boats will be considered a separate fleet if consist of three or more, in the same class of boats.
- Handicap fleet rating of each boat will be determined by the Portsmouth rating D-PN for the class of boat.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
- The 2018 WPSA Small Boat & Handicap Fleet series is open to all boats (spinnaker and non-spinnaker) to the membership of Wet Pants Sailing Association.
- There are no fees associated with these series of racing.
SCHEDULE SERIES OF RACES
- The scheduled dates for the monthly series of Small Boat & Handicap racing at Wet Pants Sailing Association appear at the top of the page, falling in June, July & August.
- All race starting times are scheduled to begin at 6:15pm during the June and July series of racing, then will change to 6:00pm for the August series of races. This schedule will remain in effect, unless otherwise notified.
- Three minute “Dinghy Starts” will be used unless otherwise instructed.
- Small boats and Handicap boats will have their own starting sequence, unless otherwise instructed by the Race Committee.
- The Race Committee will run back-to-back races. The next start will begin immediately following the finish of the last boat.
- The Race Committee will hold as many races as possible prior to sundown.
- The Sailing Instructions will be available online at the Wet Pants Sailing Association website and as posted at the clubhouse.
- The courses will be set by the Race Committee and sailed based upon their instructions to all class of boats.
PROTEST AND REQUESTS FOR REDRESS
- A boat that is intending to protest about an incident within the racing area, shall notify the Race Committee as soon as the protesting boat finishes the race in which the foul or penalty occurred. They shall hail their intentions, including the sail number of the boat(s) being protested.
- A 360 degree turn shall immediately serve to negate a foul or penalty during the race.
- The Low Point Scoring System will apply.
- Minimally, one (1) race is required to be completed in each series to constitute a series.
- A condition of entry and participation is that all sailors must wear a US Coast Guard approved lifejacket at all times.
- Prizes will be awarded for each series; June, July and August during the Wet Pants Sailing Association “Annual Mess” and awards banquet.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- Competitors participate in the series of races entirely at their own risk. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after any series of races.